Burpees for boxing training
Burpees are not fun, but they are effective at building strenght and explosiveness… meaning they are great for boxers!
Why do burpees
A burpee is mostly an anaerobic exercise, but when done in succession over a longer period can be utilized in as an aerobic exercise. Overall, burpees increase endurance and strenght like no other execise, and any workout including burpees is sure to be exausting!
How to do a burpee
Doing a single burpee is not hard, and even if there are numerous variations, here is the most common way to do it:
- Start in a squat or standing position
- Quickly place your hands on the floor
- Kick your feet back, then get yourself into a plank or push-up position
- Jump your feet back to the initial position
- Jump up with your arms extended upward