Top 5 Best Boxing Apps in 2022
2021 was full of great boxing matches so a lot more people are getting inspired and want to start boxing. The best way to do this is to start going to a gym to learn the basics and give sparring a go. However if you don’t have a boxing gym nearby, if it is closed due to covid or if you want to work even more using an app to work out can be a great idea! There are many apps out there with widely different level of quality, so we built this list to help you decide which one is good for you.
This app provides high quality video trainings for all levels. It uses their proprieritary punch tracker hardware to keep count of how many punches you've thrown.
- ✔ High quality video
- ✔ Tracking punches is great to stay motivated
- ✔ Sleek design
- ✖ Expensive tracker to buy
It's important to have the right timer when training, and this one is a great option with clear visual and additional features. It works well for HIIT or Tabata workouts
- ✔ Huge display you can see from afar
- ✔ Compatible with Tabata & HIIT
- ✖ Small bug where the timer stops for no reason
This is the perfect app to train at home. It really behaves like a virtual boxing coach that will call out punches, combinations and movements to build a great workout session. It is made for boxing, so everything is tailored for this sport.
- ✔ Many different exercises that you can customize
- ✔ Free round timer comes with the app
- ✔ Compatible with a punching bag
- ✔ Made for boxing
- ✖ Not many tutorial videos
This app is a great home training solution if you want to improve your fitness. It includes some boxing exercises, however it's clearly more aimed at the boxercise crowd than actual boxers.
- ✔ Good looking app
- ✔ Various fitness exercises (including Yoga & more)
- ✔ High quality videos
- ✖ Boxing exercises not very technical
- ✖ Focused on fitness and not boxing
This app relies a lot on the image of Floyd Mayweather, but it is filled with relevant exercises and workout. However you are paying a premium for the name and the app can remain surface level at times.
- ✔ Great visuals, the app looks great
- ✔ The expertise of Floyd Mayweather
- ✖ Not cheap at all
- ✖ Could be more technical